If you are looking for ways to expand the square feet of your home, without building a new addition altogether, then an attic is the best blank space to convert in to a small, stylish and practical extra room. You get to save plenty of cost after utilizing this space using home decor items. These are the following things that you can do:
1. First of all see that you have at least 12 feet of space in one floor, attics are generally made at a height of 5 feet from the floor level. The inside of the attic should be around 7 feet tall.
2. Call the plumber to check and see if it is possible to make a tiny washroom inside the attic. It will give it a complete new room's feeling.
3. Call the carpenter to survey the available space for the furniture work. What all things can you add ask him?
4.Now once you are aware of the overall structure call the interior designer to help you with finalizing the interior stuff.
5.The space below the attic can be used for storing your items. It can act as an extension to the attic.
6.The staircase can have different variations. You can use different types of flooring for the staircase. Velvet covered flooring looks beautiful.
7. If it is going to be used by the kids, try adding posters of various superheroes on the staircase.
8. The railing should be strong. So a good quality wooden rail will provide ample support. You can ask the carpenter to make some amazing designs on it.
9. To give it a complete look of a separate news room, add some beautiful photo frames on the wall adjacent to the room.
10. The door of the room should speak volumes. If it is a kids room then why not make the door a little fancy, if it is a guest room, give it a classy touch up.
11. Do not go for door which opens out. Rather go for a sliding door as it saves you plenty of space.
12. Strong foundation will vouch for longevity. If you give the base of the room a strong foundation, you will be able to add plenty of things inside using bedroom interiors.
13. Keep in mind that the room will be next to the roof; therefore, insulating it well will save you from heat and possible leakage of water during rainy seasons for decoration items.
14. The interiors of the room should have beautiful lighting. Use CFLs and LEDs, they save you cost and brighten up the room too.
15.Make this cozy room of yours filled with gadgets and gizmos. The iPod, the TV, the music system should be great.
16. Get some cool posters which show the other side of you and also adds to the vibrancy of the room.
17. Avoiding ceiling fans will be better because the height of the room is already going to be low.
18. Have at least one large window; it will let some natural light come in as well as fresh air when you open it.
19. Since you are avoiding a fan, get hold of a good 1 ton air conditioner. It will keep things cool.
20.Lastly, the paint should be as per the overall theme and design.